Pages

Friday, January 19, 2018

Egg Roll in a Bowl

I really love egg rolls but wanted to go for a *slightly* healthier option (basically, I just omitted the fried shell). So, I tried just creating the contents of the egg roll and putting it over rice and not doing the crispy wrapper. I think it turned out really well! Also, it was extremely easy to make so I will probably put this into the regular rotation.



Ingredients

Rice
1 cup jasmine rice
1 teaspoon ground ginger

Meat
1 pound hamburger meat (i did 93% lean)
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon garlic salt
1 bag shredded cabbage and carrots (the coleslaw premix bag)

Sauce
1 tablespoon garlic salt
1 tablespoon ginger
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons sesame oil



Garnish
3 green onions

Directions
1. Cook rice according to instructions and mix in ginger
2. Pour sesame oil into skillet over medium-high heat
3. Add in hamburger meat, ground ginger, and garlic salt and mix until meat is browned


4. Add in cabbage and carrots and stir for 5 minutes
5. While cabbage and carrots cook, mix sauce ingredients together in small bowl
6. Add sauce to meat mixture and cook for 5 additional minutes.
7. Spoon meat mixture over rice and add green onions for garnish


Let me know what you think and if anything else should be added to the recipe!

Thanks,
Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment