Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Raspberry Limeade Granita from Southern Living Magazine!

Now that summer is in full swing in Charleston I decided to try out new cocktail recipes. Yesterday, I made a Raspberry Limeade Granita and so far this is my absolute favorite. The recipe came in my Southern Living magazine and it centers on fresh fruit!



It was so easy to prepare but does take about 5 hours to make (since you freeze the ingredients). I made a few variations to the printed recipe so I will include mine below!

Ingredients:
1 cup raspberries
1/2 cup strawberries
1/2 cup fresh-squeezed lime juice (about 4 limes)
1 1/2 cups simple syrup (recipe below)
1 shot of rum per glass served 
1/4 cup fresh blueberries

Process the raspberries, strawberries, lime juice and simple syrup in a food processor until smooth. Pour into bowl that is freezer safe. Freeze 4 to 5 hours and stir ~1 time per hour so mixture looks like this:


When ready to serve scoop out mixture for glass and pour over 1 shot of rum. Then, garnish with fresh blueberries!

This was delicious and a hit with my friends so I definitely recommend trying this one out. 

The simple syrup recipe is below!

Simple Syrup:
Ingredients: 
1 cup water
1 cup sugar

Boil both ingredients in a saucepan over high heat. Once ingredients begin to boil stir constantly until sugar is dissolved. Then, remove pan from heat and allow to cool completely before using.


Let me know what you think and if you do any variations to the recipe!

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment