Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2015

New Dinner Recipe!

I have to confess that I really love to cook (and bake) but sometimes I struggle to come up with new recipes. I almost always find myself in a rut where I want to make the same things over and over (and that gets really boring).

So, Andrew surprised me this week by signing us up for Blue Apron. I have really wanted to do this for awhile but was hesitant because it isn't the cheapest option (it costs about $10/per person/per meal). But, we now have a 3 meal/week subscription!

Our first shipment arrived yesterday and I made our first meal: Squid Ink Linguine Pasta last night! The packaging was really awesome (everything was very cold) and it came with an introduction letter that gave me an overview of the recipes for the week.



I made the Squid Ink Linguine Pasta last night since they recommended that you cook any seafood before moving on to other dishes.

All of the ingredients were so fresh and the recipe only took a collective 30 minutes to prepare!  I have listed out many of the pros of the Blue Apron experience/meal below:

1. Quick recipe that is easy to prepare with very few steps  (you can watch video tutorials on each step - I haven't yet so not sure on quality)
2. Very fresh ingredients
3. Convenience - they literally sent everything I needed (with the exception of olive oil and I already had that in the house)
4. It was basically a mini cooking class (I have never tried this type of dish before (or any of the three meals this week) so I learned a lot while cooking!
5. Restaurant Quality - living in Charleston means we have a lot of really amazing restaurants and this dish was on par or better than many of them!

To be fair, I have included the cons below:

1. A little on the expensive side (but you are paying for the convenience and quality)
2. Instructions are a little hard to read (this may be a personal preference but I prefer bullet points as compared to lengthy paragraphs with multiple steps)


Overall this dish was amazing (picture below)! I am so excited to try the other meals and pick out the options for next week!



I am curious if anyone else has tried Blue Apron as well? A ton of people asked  me to share my experience but I would love to know if anyone has used it for several months!


- Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment