Tonight Andrew and I are going over for an Early Thanksgiving dinner with friends and we are signed up to bring stuffing and a dessert! I found this new recipe on the Food Network (courtesy of the Neely Family) and decided to try it out. It is so delicious! I am a huge fan of stuffing and I really like this recipe. It is definitely going to be used again :-).
Ingredients:
1 package of bacon
1 large onion
4 ribs celery
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
1 tablespoon fresh sage
2 cups pecans
32 ounces dried corn bread stuffing mix
4 cups chicken broth
1 stick butter
Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Chop the bacon, onion fresh thyme, fresh sage and pecans.
- Cook bacon and onions in a heavy skillet on high until bacon is crisp and onion is fragrant (about 10 minutes). *I cover with a paper towel so it doesn’t make the house smell quite as badly
- Turn heat down and add celery for 6 minutes.
- Add the thyme and sage and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in pecans for 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add chicken broth, the cornbread mix and bacon and vegetables.
- Add to a 13 by 9 by 2-inch casserole dish.
- Add butter slices to the top of the casserole and cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Remove foil and cook 15 more minutes.
Let me know what you think! I think this is going to be a Thanksgiving favorite for us!
Kristin
No comments:
Post a Comment