Pages

Sunday, August 2, 2015

New Recipe: Cod & Miso Soba Noodles

Yesterday I received my new shipment of Blue Apron and one of the recipes was Cod & Miso Soba Noodles. I have never made any fish other than Shrimp )and one ill-fated attempt at tilapia in grad school) so I was a little nervous. But, this was the easiest recipe and so delicious!

The total calories was about 665/person and it only took a total of 40 minutes to prepare!

Now that I know how to cook Cod in such a tasty way I am definitely going to try some variations (probably with rice next)!

\



Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
2 Cod fillets
6 ounces Soba Noodles
4 ounces multi-colored Cherry Tomatoes
2 scallions (I may recommend only 1 if I was doing this again.. it was strong!)
1 Eggplant
1 Bunch of Thai Basil
2 T peanuts (plain)
2 T Ponzu Sauce
1 1-inch piece of Ginger
1 T Sesame Oil
1/2 c White Miso Paste



Because there were several ingredients that I don't typically keep in the house in this recipe it was especially helpful to do the meal plan order with Blue Apron so they sent me the appropriate portions instead of having to buy all of these items from the store.

Directions:
(I omitted adding thee extra salt in most steps where salt was suggested to added for taste)
1. Wash and dry the produce
2. Heat a medium pot of salted water to boil (on high)
3. Halve the tomatoes
4. Peel and mince the ginger
5. Cut off and discard the root end of the scallions and mince white buttons and cut 1/4 inch pieces of the green tops
6. Cut ends off of eggplant
7. Halve the eggplant lengthwise and then cut cross-wise into 1/2 inch thick pieces
8. Pick thai basil leaves off the stems, discard the stems
9. Roughly chop the peanuts
10. Use large bowl to whisk together the ponzu sauce, sesame oil, miso paste and 2 T of water (add salt and pepper to taste)
11. In a large pan heat 2 t oil on medium-high and add tomatoes, white bottoms of scallions and ginger (salt and pepper optional)
12. Cook for 1-2 minutes then transfer contents of pan into bowl of sauce
13. Add two more T of oil to pan and heat
14. Add the eggplant in single layer; season with salt and pepper and cook for 7 minutes (should be soft and lightly browned)
15. Transfer to bowl of sauce with tomatoes and aromatics
16. Cook the noodles into bowling pot of water (7 minutes) and drain thoroughly
17. Pat the cod fillets dry with paper towels and season on both sides with salt and pepper
18. Heat 2 T of oil in pan and add seasoned fillets and cook for 4 minutes per side (until golden brown)
19. Add the cooked noodles to bowl of sauce.
20. Tear half of the Thai Basil in half and mix into bowl of sauce
21. Evenly distribute the noodles vegetables and cooked cod fillets between two plates
22. Garnish with peanuts, green tops of the scallions and the remaining Thai bail.

If you try this out let me know what you think!

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment