Pages

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Sunday Brunch- French Toast Recipe!

This morning I wanted to mix up the brunch menu from our normal eggs and bacon. So, I made french toast with fresh fruit and homemade whipped cream! It turned out really well (no complaints from Andrew) so I thought this would be good to share since it is also extremely easy to make!



Ingredients:
1/4 c butter
1 loaf of bread (sometimes I make the bread but this time I just used store-bought sourdough bread)
3 eggs
1/2 c of milk
bottle of maple syrup
1 c fresh strawberries
1/2 c heavy cream
1/2 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract



Directions:
1. Heat 1/4 c butter in a medium sized pan on medium high heat on the stove
2. Take a pie dish and add three eggs and half a cup of milk and whisk to mix ingredients together
3. Place slice of bread in pie dish to soak (on both sides) in egg/milk mixture
4. Place slice of soaked bread in pan and do not flip for 3 minutes
5. Flip the slice of bread on alternate side for 2 minutes
(you will need to do one slice of bread at a time)
6. Repeat steps 3-5 with each slice of bread
7. Slice strawberries into smaller pieces
8. In a bowl, mix the heavy cream and sugar with a hand mixer for 3-5 minutes (until stiff) and add in vanilla extract
9. Divide the french toast between two plates and top with sliced strawberries and add syrup and dollop of whipped cream
10. Enjoy (I had mine with a mimosa!)

Sometimes I also add cinnamon to the egg and milk mixture and use blueberries and raspberries with the strawberries!

Let me know what you think,

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment